- Title 42 expired May 11th at midnight.
- The expiration is expected to result in an increase of migrants crossing the border seeking asylum in the US under Title 8.
- The surge is likely to overwhelm existing processing and detention capacity on the border, and we expect busloads of new migrants to arrive in Houston as early as this weekend or early next week. (5/12-5/17)
- We expect that the surge in Houston will challenge existing programs and that there will be unmet needs.
- We do not know what this will mean for the TGCRVOAD region, but local resources could be impacted, and unmet needs may arise.
Resources for Members responding in support of Border Operations in the HGAC.